1.1. “We/Us/Our” means Rebecca Chuks. We are the data controller, for the purpose of the data we hold/process for the rebeccachuks.com website. This means that Rebecca Chuks determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
2. What this policy covers
2.3. The personal information processed by us will include:
A record of your purchases
Details which will enable payment for our products and their delivery, to you
A record of the date of your purchase
Contact details including company/name, phone number and e-mail address
3. Personal data which you provide
3.1. Data that is given to us by you will include, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means
b. when you subscribe to our mailing list to receive our updates/products/services
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them)
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website, by telephone, invoice, in-person or otherwise
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us
g. when you use our services
h. other information
4. How we use your personal data
4.1. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with great service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
communicate with you, for example, we use contact details such as email address or a phone number when responding to enquiries made via our online forms
internal record keeping
monitor product trends and for improvement of our products/services
operate our business more effectively, for example, we use feedback to help improve our service
if you purchase a product, for example, we seek to enable the purchase and also delivery of the products which you have purchased
transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you. This may include contacting you by e-mail, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers in relation to our products and/or services. The relevant legislation in this regard is the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
5. Lawful reasons for processing data
5.1. The "General Data Protection Regulation" (GDPR) is the primary piece of legislation defining your rights over our processing of your personal information. The GDPR requires us to declare which of six "lawful reasons" we are relying on when we are processing your personal data, for example:
5.1.1. When you provide personal information such as your name and e-mail address via the forms on this website, you agree to us contacting you with regard to the information provided, for example, to answer your query. Here, we may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
5.1.2. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box for our opt-in mailing list. Here your personal information will be used solely by us (and all such emails sent by us will include instructions concerning how to opt-out/un-subscribe).
c. If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
5.1.3. When you purchase our products, the legal basis for this processing is the necessary performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
6. Your rights
6.1. You have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you
The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes
Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling
7. How long we keep personal data
7.2. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archive media, for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
8. Transfer of personal data
8.1. From time to time we may pass personal data such as your name and email address to other services that we use to send out newsletters and other communications (both electronic and print). However, your personal data will remain in the EU or countries considered by the EU to have equivalent policies such as Jersey, Guernsey, Switzerland, New Zealand and Canada. Companies based in the USA that have certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield program are also considered to be permitted destinations by the EU (this includes popular US products like Gmail, DropBox and MailChimp).
9. How to access your data
9.1. You are permitted under the GDPR to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). If you require such information please contact us for more details at .
10.3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
10.4. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
12. Contacting us
13. Questions or complaints
13.1. In the first instance we hope you will contact us directly with any questions or complaints at . However, legal rights regarding privacy are the remit of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and you will find more information about how to complain here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains), and Rebecca Chuks, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Rebecca Chuks and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Rebecca Chuks and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use/licence
1. All Content included on the Website, unless purchased by Users, is the property of Rebecca Chuks, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any policy, template, text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content purchased by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission.
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Rebecca Chuks.
4. For the sake of completeness, you are entitled, only, to use our Policies/Templates (which we offer for sale) within your own organisations, for non-commercial purposes. You are not permitted to sell, or offer for free, any Content from our Website – whether purchased or otherwise to third parties, either those to whom you know or those you do not know.
5. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner
6. You must ensure that the details provided by you if you choose to subscribe to our mailing, at any time are correct and complete.
7. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
8. We may suspend or cancel your subscription with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
9. You may cancel your subscription at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
10. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Rebecca Chuks or that of our affiliates.
11. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
12. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
14. Any online facilities, tools, service/product or information that Rebecca Chuks makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Rebecca Chuks is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
15. Whilst Rebecca Chuks uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
16. Rebecca Chuks accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
17. Rebecca Chuks reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
18. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
19. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rebecca Chuks accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage
20. The materials appearing on this Website do not constitute legal advice and are provided for general information purposes only. No warranty, whether express or implied is given in relation to such materials. Rebecca Chuks will not be liable for any technical, editorial, typographical or other errors or omissions within the information provided on this website, nor shall it be responsible for the content of any web images or information linked to from this website.
21. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
22. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
24. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
25. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
26. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
27. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
We will offer to replace any faulty package in the first instance. Alternatively, on satisfaction that one is due, refunds up to the purchase price of the goods in question, are available for faulty goods/misdescribed items, within 14 days of purchase.
28. You can contact Rebecca Chuks by email at .